Tarun Sainani, World Around Me, Germany
World Around Me (WAM) is a local discovery app (on Android & iOS) that helps tourists to search for places to eat, drink, shop, stay, commute, pray, refuel, keep healthy or access money anywhere in the world. It helps people visually orient towards a place by using their phone camera with augmented reality.
– Available in 26 languages in 200+ countries with over 1.2 million users.
– Editor’s Choice app on Google Play – very few apps globally have this recognition.
– One of Best apps of 2017 Google Play
– Winner Google Play Early Adopter award 2016 for intuitive Augmented Reality discovery experience among 4.6 millions apps globally. Award ceremony was at Google HQ in Silicon Valley.
– Presently featured on Samsung Galaxy Store, Huawei App Gallery & Google Play Store worldwide.
– Best apps of 2018 on Huawei App Gallery.
– Permanently featured on Google’s “Evergreen Collection” promoted to 300 million Android Go users in 2019-20.
– Content partnership with TripAdvisor.
WAM Tourism platform enables tourism organisations to promote local events & heritage locations (with audio/video storytelling) in augmented reality to tourists using WAM app within a specified region. It is being used by local authorities in UK and EU.
We are looking to participate in global discussions about tourism and are keen to contribute towards building resilience in the sector, by learning more about challenges of specific stakeholders and co-creating value together by identifying and perhaps developing solutions.